Monday, 30 January 2012

Comedy Review: Deborah Frances-White; How To Get Almost Anyone To Want To Sleep With You



Last week I had the pleasure of seeing Deborah Frances-White's stand up show, How To Get Almost Anyone To Want To Sleep With You, at the Lowry Theatre.



Photo Credit: www.deborahfrances-white.com
I have to admit to being slightly apprehensive when I first got the tickets, wondering if it would be more of a self-help show. In the end, I left the show still in fits of giggles, ready to recommend it to all my friends.


I am reluctant to go into too much detail in case you haven't seen it, because I'd hate this blog post to be a spoiler, so this will be a short post. As you've probably guessed by now, dear reader, I really enjoyed it.
The show was packed full of clever, amusing metaphors and Deborah has the knack with an audience you'd expect from a top comedian. The audience interaction was brilliant- everyone was getting involved and I didn't spot one person that wasn't laughing in all the right places!


In short, this show was witty, sexy without being vulgar and a great night out for all adults.
I'd highly recommend going to see it with friends or even one's partner- just don't take mum or granny!


The show is on monthly at the Leicester Square Theater in London's West End, and other places in the UK- go and get yourself a ticket!


Have you seen How To Get Almost Anyone To Want To Sleep With You? What did you think? Comment below or tweet @lornakellett


Update: It seems Deborah liked my review! 



No comments:

Post a Comment